Well, today was a slow day at Choctaw Nation outpatient pharmacy. I spent Mon. & Tues. in the outpatient cardiology clinic seeing angina patients and all sorts of treatment resistant hypertensive patients. Got to see a treadmill stress-test be administered and make med recommendations- today was boring compared to that. The clinics here don't open until 10am on Wednesdays for whatever reason. Needless to say, the Rx count was down and did not get to speak with as many patients as I did on the average day last week. Most interesting patient of the day: I had a women who could barely verbalize which medication was used for what and when she wanted to get a refill on one, she couldn't tell me the name of it, how often or long she has been taking it, or who prescribed it. Awesome. She has diabetes, heart disease, and morbid obesity (yes that is a disease state in the healthcare world)- although I'm not sure if she realized she had anything more than diabetes. Did my best to help her out and help her understand WHY she was taking her meds, but I think it went in one ear and out the other. Sigh.
So I tried to make the best use of my time during downtime. My preceptor was busy today in meetings about the resident they are choosing for next year. Int he meantime, I got in touch with the SC Board of Pharmacy to get my certified pharmacy intern hours transferred down there. I need to have 500 additional hours OUTSIDE of my rotations for UNC in order to sit for the Naplex in the state of SC. I know many of you are probably confused thinking "I thought he was moving to GA:" Well, I am. Savannah is right across the river from the southernmost point of SC. My pharmacy is going to be about 25 miles north of downtown Savannah in Ridgeland, SC. Anyway, I'm trying to take care of all of this so I can apply for the Naplex immediately so I can get my license ASAP- that will help me start saving money, getting started with loan payments, and pay for our wedding.
Speaking of moving to GA, I spent the evening (after my 2 mile run on the treadmill) searching for townhomes/houses/apartments to rent in downtown Savannah. I'm really worried I'm not going to be able to find a place in a timely manner and really want to get this right. The fact that we have pets also complicates manners. It seems like you can get a very nice place with 2-3 bedrooms and 1.5-2 baths for anywhere between $1,000-1,300 from my research. Of course that is not including the deposit for the place as well as the pet deposits that will have to be put put up front. Grady and I thought about renting a house out on the islands (which is where the nice suburbs of Savannah are and they are also near Tybee beach) but we'd rather leave that for when we look for property in the future. For now, we want to live downtown and enjoy all it has to offer- after all, that is one of the main appeals of that area. And the weather, and the lowcountry, and the spanish moss, and the palm trees, and the beach...you get the idea =D
As for nice weather, it has really turned around here in OK. Going to be 74 and sunny tomorrow. Couldn't even tell that we had record cold and winter weather two weeks ago.
IN OTHER NEWS: MY COUSIN CHARLENE HAD HER SECOND CHILD TODAY! So proud of her and glad to welcome my new little cousin, Robert in to the world. Char is my 3rd cousin and lives down in Ft. Myers, FL. Yes, my family stays in touch through that many layers of family and yes, we are all pretty close. Char and I have been pretty close through the years and keep in close touch. She asked me to be her first son, Lucas' godfather and I proudly said yes. I haven't seen him since I was down to visit for the dedication ceremony, but I do hope to get down there this summer or fall. Congrats to you, Rudy, and the rest of the family (yes you too, Gina- must be so great to have grandchildren!).
No comments:
Post a Comment