Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Boring Sunday

Not much to say today. Woke up around 9, spoke to Grady who was at his parent's house for his mom's bday and then grabbed breakfast buffet at Pam's Diner again. However, the buffet wasn't breakfast and they weren't serving breakfast at 10am. It ended up being fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, salad, gravy, etc. It was all ok but the best part was the banana pudding for dessert- I think I had three servings to make up for the bird-picking I did for the other part of the buffet. I usually like fried chicken, but the batter wasn't that great on it, I guess I'm used to the way they do it in the southeast now.

Sent out some cards in the mail, wrote a SOAP note for my rotation, took a nap, and hoped that Friday would come very soon. I did get a lead on a rental house in downtown Savannah for us today. Spoke to a landlord directly and hopefully will be able to set something up. Not gonna describe the place or anything because I don't want to get my hopes up- we all know how these things go. I will say that it is exactly what we're looking for and is perfect because it is downtown, not far from the highway I would need to get on for work, and also not far from the east-side highway that would take me to the beach- fingers crossed.

On another good note, my brother, Nick, will be flying home from Thailand on March 9th. I probably won't see him until the first week in May which will make it about a full year since I've physically seen him- hopefully I can get him to take a ride down to Durham before then.

Only 5 more days of rotation! I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be slow because it is President's Day and most of the staff has off. I'm going in so I can leave one day early to give me time to prepare for my psychiatry rotation in Rocky Mt, NC. Who knows, I may even get off a few hours early tomorrow. That'll be good so I can plan my journal club and get on that treadmill again.

One other thing I will mention, alot of you have asked me privately if there has been any fear of being gay out here. My short answer is no. I haven't been scared of anything and pretty much most of the people I work with know cause they ask about the ring and ask how my wife and kids are etc. Oklahoma City has a thriving gay 'scene' that Grady and I discovered last weekend too. Not sure why they all live in Oklahoma- one of the top 10 most conservative states in America. Everyone is laid back, especially the younger people- that is the beauty of the emerging generations. All this said, I have not ventured into any scary churches that have signs in front of them that imply we should all fear God and the such. My other answer is that there are narrow-minded, homophobic people everywhere. I'm always aware of my surroundings for anyone who is worried!

No comments:

Post a Comment